Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nutrijell Strawberry Jelly



I was about to grab the usual gelatin brand when I noticed this packet. NutriJell is from Indonesia and has the Halal mark. I normally think (without knowing anything about it, lol) that Halal is better than not Halal, but I thought I'd try it anyway since it also boasts of being enriched with fiber, vitamins, calcium, and prebiotics.

Basically, you just mix the powder with sugar, add water, boil, add fruity acid, and pour into mold. It sets quickly and it seems to be more dense than the usual gelatin. Color-wise, it's more of that orange color, but I think it's because I used brown sugar. Taste-wise, my daughter prefers it to Jello, but maybe I just messed up the Jello somehow, lol.


1 comment:

  1. I know Nutrijell, they are made from konyaku powder. There is another brand from Swallow globe which is purely made from seaweed (sea vegetable) with higher fiber content and better taste.

    James

    ReplyDelete