Thursday, May 14, 2009

How Do You Like Your Tuna Spread?

I'm still a little out of it, hence the minimal activity in the kitchen. I got carried away doing chores the other day (while I was still getting over a bad cold) and it resulted in a mild asthmatic attack (I don't get serious ones anymore). Anyway, I've been doing simple stuff like potato chips and glazed carrots for Marguerite. And rice. Of course, you gotta have rice. For the most part, the lechon manok (roasted or turbo broiled chicken) that Husband brought home Monday night sustained me from then until last night, lol. In between, I make do with sandwiches and instant stuff. Speaking of sandwiches, I was wondering how you make your tuna spread (I can't get away from tuna, can I?). I love what my Mom makes, but I haven't been able to copy it. I just make do with my own version then. What I do is dump a can of tuna into a bowl, add some heaping spoonfuls of mayo, about a tablespoon and a half of brown sugar, and then grate some cheese over it. Since I'm of the philosophy that you can never have too much cheese (a belief that has punished me from time to time, lol) I just rub cheese and grater furiously for about half an hour (hehe, kidding!). I grind some black pepper over the ol' mess and then mix well.



I don't know if it can be seen in the picture, but there's a big slab of cheese somewhere in that sandwich. I'm not kidding about loving cheese. :)



What about you? Care to share your tuna spread recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment