Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mushroom Quesadillas And a Little Fun with Jello

Made a couple of mushroom quesadillas for dinner. I used this flour tortilla recipe (I prefer corn, but masa's hard to find here). Of course, I had my little helper, who treated the entire thing as sandbox-cum-playdough time; place was covered with flour in no time. I fried the mushrooms in butter. I made pico de gallo using 2 tomatoes, half a medium onion, a clove of garlic, salt, basil (didn't have cilantro), juice of half a lime. I basically just layered cheese, mushrooms, and pico de gallo between two tortillas.







For dessert, I served this Jello atrocity, the recipe of which I got from The Biggest Loser (this is a modified version of creamy layered squares). This is edible, but if you ask me what I have done today to make myself proud, it wouldn't be this. Next time I'll stick to Jello shots, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment