Friday, May 15, 2009

Graham Cream Fruit Dessert

This is something I usually make when I get a craving for cake and there isn't a "real" cake handy. I don't know what it's called (although the closest thing I found on the web would be this easy crema de fruta recipe), but my Mom and my sister have been making it forever sans the fruits (although sometimes they would put in ripe mangoes). Basically you just layer a container with graham crackers, slather a cream and condensed milk mixture (up to you just how you proportion them, more condensed milk if you like it really sweet, of course) on top, add fruits (in my case, I used strawberries and bananas - my usual preference, even with smoothies):



Add another layer of graham crackers, repeating the process:



You just keep on doing it over until you run out of something, lol. The top should be the cream and milk mixture though. Dust with crushed graham crackers for the heck of it. Obviously this is a very flexible recipe. :)



Chill or freeze for a couple of hours so the cream won't be runny when you serve it.



Obviously, I'm temporarily back to my camera phone since Husband took off with the Nikon to take pictures at his friend's gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment