Saturday, June 20, 2009

Semi-chili



I had tinned pinto beans, the kind some open and just spoon straight from the can. It already had tomato sauce, garlic, onion, and pepper. I'm not about to eat it from the can unless there's campfire. I want to use it though, so what to do? How about a variation of chili? I had ground beef in the freezer (left over from the batch Husband made hamburger patties with). So, with this as the aim, I thawed the beef and then cooked it in a saucepan with garlic and onion. I drained the juice and then added salt, pepper, cumin, tomatoes, and the can of beans. I let it cook, adding salt until it was seasoned to my taste. When it was done, I put my portion on lettuce leaves (something like a lettuce cup) and grated cheese on top. I loved it. Wish I had other beans though and chipotle.


No comments:

Post a Comment