Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lemon Asparagus Red Snapper



This thing is a semi flop. It's edible, but didn't really become tasty until I added cheese. I got this from a Campbell's Cream of Asparagus label. The thing is, the recipe called for chicken, but I doubt if it would have been better with chicken. Whatever. I've found the recipes given on Campbell's labels to be on the bland side. That's me though. I like my food to be really flavorful. Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 T vegetable oil
4 boneless chicken (in my case, I used red snapper fillets)
1 can (305 g) Campbell's Cream of Asparagus Soup
1/4 C milk
1 T lemon juice
1/8 t black pepper

Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned.
Add soup, milk, lemon juice and pepper (in my case, I also grated some chicken bouillion on top of the concoction - not much, just shaved off one side). Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 mins or until done. Because the thing tasted bland to me when I tried it, I sprinkled a generous amount of cheese on top and that made everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment