Saturday, April 25, 2009

Magnolia Pancake Plus



So I usually get a vanilla Pillsbury mix for pancakes (there was a time when I made my own pancake mix and will probably go back to doing that, but right now I'm always in a rush getting breakfast on the table - I spend too much time online, lol), but I thought I'd try this one of Magnolia. I don't think it turned me into a fan. This one requires you to just add water (while other mixes usually call for an egg, oil, and water). Anyway, I don't know what I did wrong, but the pancakes scorched easily (just very slightly - so might be my error somewhere) and the consistency of the batter was a little off (it crumbled a bit when I flipped it - didn't do it too soon either because like I said, the bottom part would already be dark brown, instead of golden brown, each time). It did come with its own syrup (got the strawberry and chocolate ones because we already have maple here) and it did allow for some fun (view pic). Anyway, will try the chocolate one sometime soon and see if I'll get a better hang of cooking this brand then. I'll update re this topic when I do that. Sorry about the pictures again.


No comments:

Post a Comment