Friday, April 3, 2009

Idgie Threadgoode's Influence

One of my favorite authors ever is Fannie Flagg and one of my favorite movies ever is "Fried Green Tomatoes" (my favorite Fannie Flagg book however is "Standing in the Rainbow". No, wait. I like "Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man" the most. No, wait! I think it's really "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café". No, wait... well, you get the idea.). Anyway, my copy of "Fried Green Tomatoes" (the novel) has recipes included in it. My sister has done the recipe for fried green tomatoes and okra pops in the past and, again, they're a good alternative to potato chips. Anyway, last night I had a few green tomatoes here so I decided to fry a couple. Sadly my book is in my parents' house, so I had to google instructions. I chose this one because it's the simplest and also because I don't have cornmeal here. I think they turned out okay. They're probably better with cornmeal though.


No comments:

Post a Comment